Thursday, January 15, 2009

POKER DEADBEAT PROFILE #3
TUAN "TOMMY" VU


Tuan "Tommy" Vu is a Vietnamese born poker player who is better known for his TV commercials which lured late night customers with such phrases as " This is not a country club.This is my house" and "Do you think these girls like me? No, they like my money!" Also, "if you don't attend my seminars you deserve to be broke."

In those days Tommy lived in Florida and held seminars for people who wanted to learn how he achieved his lifestyle. Of course, he achieved it by luring people to his seminars. The disgruntled clients sought legal advice and threatened Tommy with a lawsuit. Tommy's TV ads stopped and Tommy resurfaced in Las Vegas.

Since the fall of 2004 Tommy Vu has been a regular during the poker tournaments throughout Las Vegas. Gone are the bikini clad women. Tommy usually plays the smaller buy in tournaments. Maybe he can only lure small amounts out of potential investors these days.

With Las Vegas being one of the fastest growing cities in America , stories are surfacing that Tommy has not exactly retired. TV time is too expensive these days so Tommy uses his time in and around the poker tables trying to convince to players to invest in some of the expensive strip condo properties that have mushroomed in the last few years. Tommy claims he already owns these properties and just wants to sell a few shares. Of course, he tells them what a great investment they are and how he is still making
millions.

The truth is Tommy is not making millions and doesn't own strip property. Tuan and Roxanne Vu are the registered owners of a property close to Chinatown. The property was bought for over $700k but a neighbors house was just sold for $300k.

So poker players may need to greet Tommy with a line of their own like "I thought you were in jail."

3 comments:

  1. That last statement is perfect, "I thought you were in jail". You see my father helped him in his ads and selling skills early on and he repaid him by luring his 16 year old daughter with alcohol, raping her, impregnating her, then forcing her into an abortion in the second trimester to erase the evidence of his crimes against her and her family. John Webb's daughter was mutilated in the procedure and was never able to have children due to his predatory actions. He is nothing but a big LOSER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. joker หน้าเว็บ

    ReplyDelete
  3. betflix Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.

    ReplyDelete